A Beauty Battle:
When it comes to shaving I have had sensitive skin for as long as I can remember. When I first started shaving I was using cheaper razors mostly because I didn't realize I had less painful options. I would get razor burn on a weekly basis even while using shaving cream. My skin seems to cut itself when I'm shaving with almost all razors out there.
Once I had found Venus I was hooked. I started out with the Gillette Venus. Plain and simple, the original. If I am out of razors and another version of Venus is not on super sale I still go for the original. I very rarely get rebellious skin that randomly bleeds, and almost never get razor burn. I always use shaving cream.
This post isn't about the original Venus though. This is a battle between Venus Embrace and Venus ProSkin razors.
- Razor burn appears only when my skin was super dry before I shaved
- Very rarely do I get cuts
- The razor head never gets gloopy (for lack of a better word.)
- "Ribbon of Moisture" lasts for about 3 weeks if I shave about 3 times per week.
- 4.5 out of 5 stars rating on GilletteVenus.com
- $8.49 at Target for 1 Razor, 2 Cartridges and 1 Shower Pod
- I occasionally get razor burn even without having dry skin
- Cuts appear about every other time I use Venus ProSkin
- After the first use, the razor head is Always gloopy
- Due to the gloopiness of the razor head, each cartridge only lasts about a week
- 2.8 out of 5 stars rating on GilletteVenus.com
- $9.99 at Target for 1 Razor, 2 Cartridges, and 1 Shower Pod
In my opinion, and on behalf of my sensitive skin, Venus Embrace is definitely the winner! <3