Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snikiddy Baked Fries and Eat Your Vegetables Chip Review

Although this review isn't Holiday related, unless you plan to snack on some Snikiddy goodness while your watching Christmas movies, I have to share my happiness with you. I woke up to a very light white dusting of snow yesterday!! It had all melted away in only a few hours, but that gives me hope for a white Christmas!!!! Bring on the cold! :)

I recently tried two different Snididdy snack foods. I hadn't previously tried anything from Snikiddy, but boy the bags sure do make you want whats inside. I'm a big fan of packaging. There's a lot a company can say with the way they package their products. If the bag is bland it usually makes me thing the food inside will also be bland, but if the bag is fun and exciting it makes me want to try some immediately! Snikiddy has very attractive bags. 

I really liked the bright colors of Snikiddy's All Natural Baked Fries package. The Fries look very appealing and the colors all work great together! This is the kind of bag you want to bring with to brighten your mood while you snack. Thankfully the Baked Fries themselves will also brighten your mood! They are sooo delicious! If you've never had a Baked Fry before the only way I can think to describe the texture would be to say they are somewhat similar to Funyuns. There were a couple different flavor options for the Fries so the girls and I picked out Cheddar Cheese. Snikiddy's applied the perfect amount of cheese to these things. So not only do the Fries come in a fun bag, they have a fantastic texture, and they taste Mmmmmm so tasty! Plus they are All Natural, Cholesterol Free, and Vegetarian! No preservatives, Gluten & Wheat Free, No Corn Syrup, and 50% Less fat than regular Potato Chips...Sounds good to me. Each serving (35 Fries!) have 4.5 grams of fat and 130 calories. 
 I see on the back of the bag that they also have Cheese Puffs. I didn't see them at Cub Foods, but I will be looking around for them! I imagine they will be equally as delicious! 

We also grabbed a bag of Eat Your Vegetables Sour Cream & Onion Chips. This bag is just as appealing. Not quite as bright as the yellow Baked Fries bag, but Eat Your Vegetables wears a fun green bag with leaves and swirls and Purple! Which is my favorite color. :) The chips look quite good too. Plus right on the bag they tell you they are All Natural, an Excellent Sour of Vitamin A, Gluten & Wheat Free AND best part of all: 1 Full Serving of Vegetables in Every Ounce!! Unfortunately These chips taste much greasier than anticipated and I couldn't bring myself to finish a full serving. (Which makes sense because the 4th listed ingredient is Expeller Pressed Sunflower Oil, and the 5th is Canola Oil.) They have a great texture, Crunchy just like all other chips out there. If you can get over the greasy taste the Sour Cream & Onion flavor is very much like Pringles Sour Cream and Onion. Again these are also Cholesterol Free and Vegetarian.  Each serving (13 Chips) have 7 grams of fat and 130 calories. 

You can get in touch with Snikiddy on Facebook, with Twitter, or at www.snikiddy.com/

Do I recommend this product? I recommend the Baked Fries 100%! As far as the Eat Your Vegetables Chips go, I only recommend these if you like a greasy chip. 
Would I purchase this product? I will definitely be purchase the Baked Fries, and the Cheese Puffs if I can find them! 

1 comment:

Thank you for being a BeautifulBargainsBeautifulLifeReviews reader. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. Please feel free to share, even if you disagree with my review. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and the right to share it.